Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Compatibility - Amano / Angels

Started by Dan, December 22, 2012, 10:34:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan

Has anyone had any success keeping Amano Shrimp and large/adult Angels in the same tank?

Peekay

I have teenaged angels  ;D, about 2.5", with amanos, no issue.  The amanos are big and pretty fast!

fischkopp

I have seen angels snatch them away. It kinda depends on the size ratio if they are successful with it, but once they spot one, they will go for it. That said, I had amano shrimp surviving in tanks with angel fish, but I literally never saw them until I took the tank apart.
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

Dan

As a note of interest...

I went ahead and transferred 3 shrimps for my shrimp thank to my main display tank (about 1 inch each).

Good new, my Angels left them alone  :).

Bad new, my paradise Gourami ate one in the first 10 seconds that the shrimps were in the tank  ???.

The other two got pegged off withing the next 5 minutes - one by a Barb and the other by a Golden Panchax Killfish.   :(

When I saw that things were not working out, I went for my net to transfer the last one back - unfortunately, I turned back to the tank just in time to see the Killfish strike.

I don't think the Angels even had time to realise the Shrimps were there!  ;D