Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Where to get seaweed

Started by angelcraze, January 27, 2013, 10:04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

angelcraze

Seaweed? Does anyone know where to get that for feeding vegetarian or omnivore fish? And how is the best way to feed it?
Give me ShReD till I'm dEaD!!!

wolfiewill

Big Al's in Kanata have three types. It comes in dry sheets about 3"x 8". One red, one green and one brown. Get an algae clip, cut apiece from one sheet, clip it into the clip and stick the clip on the glass (the clip has a suction cup). Leave it for as long as 24 hrs. At first they may not understand but once they try it they'll like it. for me now, they go into a feeding frenzy each time. I feed them a high protein flake in the AM and after about 10 minutes three clips of seaweed. They eat it all (I've got 20 adults) in seconds. Some fish don't care for it. My Bleeding Hearts only take it if there's nothing else, and certainly not after just eating a high protein flake or frozen meal.
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish." Mark Twain

blueknight0303

i think i saw seaweeds in critter jungle too... try the repashy staple foods.

angelcraze

Thank you!!!  I will check it out today  :)
Give me ShReD till I'm dEaD!!!