Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

RO/DI Water in Ottawa

Started by BOSCO, March 02, 2013, 08:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOSCO

Hi guys,

I will be purchasing an RO/DI unit in the next month or so.  In the meantime is there anywhere in the city that sells 5 or 10 gallons at a time?

Thanks for the help..

Benja

Fishtail in Orleans use to sell RO water 5g.

If you are not from the east end of town I would recommend simply using Culligan water... there are many places it is sold.

I have not used it first hand since I have a RO/DI unit, but I have a friend with a nice SPS reef tank who swears by it.

BOSCO

Hmmm ok well thanks.  I actually just phoned them yesterday. They advised me that they don't have a di stage but that it's soo advanced that its basically the same thing.  Although he did tell me that people with reefs adjust the PH as they have it at 6.0.  I just may head there in the mornin.  Thanks for the suggestion.

Feivel

WOW, its cool to know that there are knowledgefull people at a desk now a days :) and that they were informed of the   possibe use of their water in the reef aquarium hobby and thought of telling you to raise the ph before using it, ahhhh the great people in society :)

Cheers and thumbs up to Culligan Water