Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Not sure what it is...not sure if I should worry...

Started by Lithops, June 01, 2013, 10:18:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lithops

HI,
I been having those weirds littles eggs look like things on my driftwood for a will, since it's was on the wood I didn't pay much attention. But I noticed tonight that it's was on my snails too. I didn't see any of them on my shrimps, fishs, plants or even rock. Anyway...didn't see any yet. I have no idea what it is, how to deal with. I wonder if I shouldn't break my aquarium down (again !), clean evenry thing, even if that mean killing my bacteria in my filter and recycle...Really I don't know what to do. Anyone know what they are and what I should do about it ?

Thanks for your help
Lithops

wrm130

I forget what those things are called.....but they're kindof like little snails without shells...doesnt hurt anything IME

bergenm

Might be limpets, could also be nerite eggs if you have them in your tank.
Michael

Lithops

The only of snails I have is the one on the picture and I seriously dought they put their own eggs and their back :) I do have limpets, but those thing are like 1/4 of the size of the limpets... I wonder if a assassin snails would eat those things... (the limpets and the other thing).

Lithops

Now it's on my rock too, I think I will have to break down my aquarium :(

Lithops

Apparently it's my Zebra thorn snails (2)  ??? They sure as some nerve to put theirs eggs on other snails !  :o Thanks to help me figure out what it is.

Lithops