Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

GLA group order

Started by magnosis, June 29, 2013, 02:49:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magnosis

Is it me or the shipping cost from Green Leaf Aquariums is a bit ridiculous?

I want to order an inline bubble counter.
Basic UPS shipping for this (tiny) unit is $19.63 USD... Really?

If anyone needs supplies from GLA let me know so we can combine orders and split the shipping cost.

pm

Watch out for things that ship UPS... their brokerage fees, etc. are crazy.  Learned this the hard way when fees on a order were equal to or greater than the order itself!   >:(

Shawn84

Check on ebay they sell those thing pretty cheap and its the same type also.
A bunch a fishes.....
A bunch a tanks...........

exv152

I've ordered from Orlando before (owner of GLA) and he's always shipped USPS (US postal service). Unless he's changed but his website still says he ships USPS. See heading under shipment damage policy...http://greenleafaquariums.com/customer-service.html
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

magnosis

USPS is also available but almost double the cost.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk 4 Beta

exv152

The difference is you'll have to pay an additional "brockerage fee" with UPS which they don't tell you until you go to pickup, or sign for your parcel. It can be up the same cost of the item itself. Like Peter says, I also will never order anything via UPS ever again.
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

magnosis

True.

But what really grinds my gears here is a 35$ shipping cost for a tiny wheenie glass bubble counter.
No thanks, I'm not going to become a GLA customer soon.

Stussi613

Quote from: magnosis on July 01, 2013, 10:28:33 PM
True.

But what really grinds my gears here is a 35$ shipping cost for a tiny wheenie glass bubble counter.
No thanks, I'm not going to become a GLA customer soon.

Look on eBay, they make them in China and ship them here for free.  No highway robbery shipping charges and scam brokerage charges.

I bought a mini CO2 diffuser for less than $10 and it arrived in 7 days.
I haz reef tanks.

daworldisblack

Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

exv152

If you need one asap, I know critter jungle carries these, and they're about $6 I think. They're also inline like the ebay units and works just as well.
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

daworldisblack

Quote from: exv152 on July 02, 2013, 10:51:27 AM
If you need one asap, I know critter jungle carries these, and they're about $6 I think. They're also inline like the ebay units and works just as well.

Yeap I have these as well and they work pretty awesome!
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

magnosis

Thanks everone. I ordered one from asia for 8 $ with free shipping and will grab a fluval unit from a local store to use in the meantime.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk 4 Beta