Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

How to make the salty section more active??

Started by Aquaticfinatic, August 11, 2013, 06:17:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aquaticfinatic

Ovas is a great place with great people contributing. My question is how can we make this a more interesting place to be? There's lots of saltys out there but not much action going on in posts. I know I'm fairly new here and lots of politics etc has happened I know but seems a shme that this isn't a more active social site. I come from Alberta where we have canreef and that's a salty only site but posts are mad every few minutes. Surely we can get this site to be the same no?

Any ideas to improve?

JetJumper

.: JetJumper's Zone :.

Stussi613

I haz reef tanks.

Greatwhite

Quote from: Stussi613 on August 12, 2013, 12:45:41 AM
I hear it used to be more active everywhere.

Only where it counts...

It's summer and people are out enjoying the sun rather than stressing over aquariums. This happens every summer.

Without trying to affect memberships here, there are plenty of forums on the net that are more salt oriented (even if it's not based in Ottawa) if you are looking for stimulating conversation. Sometimes it is good to get talking to other people to get other points of view to bring back here. (I was on a Toronto based forum for years before coming here) -- you might even find somewhere local to chat if you look hard enough.

Greatwhite

(The "only where it counts" comment sounded funnier in my head btw... New baby induced sleep deprivation sucks...)

Stussi613

Quote from: Greatwhite on August 12, 2013, 01:22:46 AM
Without trying to affect memberships here,  -- you might even find somewhere local to chat if you look hard enough.

Ha -- You can also get an instant notification of where they are if you join OVAS and say you keep saltwater tanks :)
I haz reef tanks.