Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Marine Paint

Started by Catfrog, November 20, 2005, 01:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catfrog

I have four fire bellied newts and two fire bellied toads and when they get on the log I bought for the tank, they practically dissapear because the log is too dark.

Where can I find marine paint to change the colour of the log?

I would really appreciate some help here!!

Mettle

I got some at Benjamin Moore's a while back when I was painting a DIY stand I made from an old dresser.

Catfrog

thx... I'll check it out.

Catfrog

Mettle

Just another note though. I'm not sure how safe it is for use in an actual tank. Or what it could potentially leech out into the water. So you might want to look into that.

Catfrog

Oh...

I was told by an aquatic store (forget the name but it's out in Kanata near the AMC) that marine paint exists but that they didn't carry any.  It's specially designed to paint aquarium ornaments, whether for fish or reptiles.  So I tried a couple places like Pet Smart but to no avail.  Someone told me to come here to ask but so far, as you can see, no one seems to know.

I'll just keep on trucking 'till I find what I'm looking for and keep checking in here once in a while.

Mettle

When I hear 'marine paint' I was thinking of the quality/grade that is used to paint boats and other aquatic things like that.

Good luck in your search. But honestly, these paints are normally very expensive and it may be cheaper to get a new ornament.