Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Curious on LED lights for planted tank

Started by NjOyRiD, February 20, 2013, 04:57:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NjOyRiD

Hi guys, I was just curious what you guys use for lights in a planted tank?
LED wise?
370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

Stussi613

The Marinland Double Bright and Beamsworks High Lumen seem to be the best choices going right now. I have 3x the Beamsworks High Lumen 24" fixtures on my tank, but the only plants that will be in it will be annubias nana...
I haz reef tanks.

NjOyRiD

you have links to see what they look like?
370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

daworldisblack

I personally am looking at the Finnex Ray2. Apparently the best bang for the buck. I really want to get these but needs to be shipped to the border and picked up there! Great par values and a lot of favourable reviews!

http://www.finnex.net/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=321&category_id=4&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=61&vmcchk=1&Itemid=61
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

NjOyRiD

370g System

daworldisblack

Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

Mike L

I know this is an old post however I too wanted to get the Finnex led light however getting it from the states was difficult. However now there is a supplier in Ontario.  I have read nothing but great things about these lights and they sell reef and plant capable units as well Here is the link.
http://finnex.ca/
Mike