Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

cichlids-2

Started by golf12, November 18, 2005, 05:49:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

golf12

sorry guy's forgot to ask, how many pairs can i put in a tank this size? thanks, golf 12

maitre007

You don't seem to indicate the size of your tank.  Furthermore you don't indicate what type of cichlids.  And any any indication of the layout of your aquarium ... so ...

In regards to african cichlids ... as I have said in many post, I truly believe that given their aggressive behavior, the minimum size of your aquarium ought to be 55 especially when dealing with pairing up fishes.  

That is why that most people who keep african cichlids will state that the most pair that you keep in a tank, the better it is.  You simply have to make sure that as you populated your aquarium, the more filtration you are required to have.  

I have read in places that suggest you have the double filtration recommended.  For example, for a 55 gallon aquarium with many cichlids, you ought to have the recommended filtration for a 125 aquarium.

blueturq