Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Guelph Auction Dec 4

Started by oenology, November 16, 2005, 08:33:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oenology

Anyone thinking of heading down to the Guelph auction on Dec. 4? I've never been. Has anyone gone before? Is it worth the trip?

pegasus

Yes Jen it is worht it ... ask artw or the executives. I beleive OVAS used to sponsor (gas money) to members that would attend their auction.

Sue

no, its only montreal auction we do that for. Is that a CRCLA auction?

oenology

This is the info fron Cichlid Nation site. For some reason I can't get into the CRLCA site.

FALL-Winter Cichlid Auction and Demonstration Workshop.
Swap meet is suspended!
Sunday December 4, 2005 10.00 a.m. to 5 p.m.

University of Guelph Campus – Arboretum Nature Centre

Hwy 6 North & Stone Road, University of Guelph Campus, Take Exit 299

off Hwy 401 and proceed north on Hwy 6 to University of Guelph Campus

Phone us at 1 (519) 822.6130 or visit the site for directions

Map Directions

Auction features top quality fish
Wild, tank-raised, and Generation 1 from wild,
African Rift Lake Cichlids, Other Cichlids & Catfish.
Dry goods in auction, used equipment and plants. A great variety

Cichlid Workshops 10 a.m. and 10.45 a.m. Auction 11.30 a.m. to close. Food available at main campus,

Silent auction, books and fish food from CRLCA available for sale

(Auction Registration 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.)

Phone 519.822.6130 and ask for Tom/Glenn for more details or

Download labels & Details from Website

CRLCA Depot will be open after auction

http://www.crlca.com

Please select one of the following for more information:

- Auction rules
- Driving directions to CRLCA store
- Driving directions to the University of Guelph Arboretum (Auction and meetings site)

- Download Seller's form (MS Word document)
- Download Bag labels (MS Word document)

See you there!

artw

the auction is very good.  ovas doesnt sponsor this one but we encourage carpooling to share expenses.  It is also worth the trip while down there, to the CRLCA depot.

oenology

Quote from: "artw"the auction is very good.  ovas doesnt sponsor this one but we encourage carpooling to share expenses.  It is also worth the trip while down there, to the CRLCA depot.

Have you been to it Art? And if so what can we expect in terms of fish and prices?

Tangman

I believe that the Dec. 4th auction in Guelph is cancelled. I was in Oakville on the weekend to pick up some fish from one of the CRLCA members there and was asking him about the meeting/auction. He said it was cancelled.

Note that it also mentions that at the crlca site.

Swap meet is suspended!

BTW, I picked up a dozen juvenille cyps, 6 Ventralis and 5 temporalis shell. They are beauties!!

Brian

oenology

Quote from: "Tangman"I believe that the Dec. 4th auction in Guelph is cancelled. I was in Oakville on the weekend to pick up some fish from one of the CRLCA members there and was asking him about the meeting/auction. He said it was cancelled.

Note that it also mentions that at the crlca site.

Swap meet is suspended!

BTW, I picked up a dozen juvenille cyps, 6 Ventralis and 5 temporalis shell. They are beauties!!

Brian
It only says the swap meet is suspended but not the auction itself. Congrates on your new fish btw.

Mettle

I have a friend who lives in Guelph and goes to university there. And if I didn't have a million school projects to do/hand in around that time (and same for her) I might use this as an excuse to go and visit. :D