Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Neon tetras hidding?

Started by HayleYoyo, June 11, 2019, 07:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HayleYoyo

Hey everyone,

I have 9 neons in my tank. Only 5 seem to be visible. I have some hiding spots, so it's possible they are just shy. They didn't come out for feeding though.

Should I be concerned?
Tank mates are 2 ADF, and 1 betta. It's a 35g tank

Calico3

Do you have a top or cover on your tank. On occasion I have found a neon tetra on the floor in front of the tank.  They do / will attempt to jump out of the tank .  I hope yours are just hiding.

HayleYoyo

Quote from: Calico3 on June 11, 2019, 11:55:12 PM
Do you have a top or cover on your tank. On occasion I have found a neon tetra on the floor in front of the tank.  They do / will attempt to jump out of the tank .  I hope yours are just hiding.

I do, and it's a pretty closed off one at that. I always check around the tank incase any way. Nothing has shown up

Gilbotron

The Betta could be eating them if they are small/new neons. My daughters's Betta was the culprit when same issue happened to her. I only caught it when watching the tank right as the lights went off - thats when the Betta went into hunter mode.

Don't know what ADF is...

HayleYoyo

Quote from: Gilbotron on June 12, 2019, 03:00:29 PM
The Betta could be eating them if they are small/new neons. My daughters's Betta was the culprit when same issue happened to her. I only caught it when watching the tank right as the lights went off - thats when the Betta went into hunter mode.

Don't know what ADF is...

Adf = African Dwarf Frog. They are adorable little buggers.

My betta might be. She isn't bloated, but I have no idea if she would be