New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Live chat?!

Started by NjOyRiD, December 28, 2005, 11:15:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NjOyRiD

I use Teamspeak for my game, but do you think it would be posssible to have it on Ovas too?!
370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

mseguin

Do u mean as in voice chat or just a chatroom?

Shouganai

Teamspeak would be kinda annoying for just chat-type purposes. I do use it in World of Warcraft though.. and it is useful to organize things in-game quickly.

Text-based live chat would be fun.  If anyone is interested in IRC (Internet Relat Chat), let me know.. I've been going on IRC for many a year, and we could easily set up a channel for OVAS.  The clients are generally light and super easy to use.

s0me

Agreed, a "live chat" seems pointless here, but a chatroom would be a good way of getting in touch with people and to share ideas. If you guys require a server to run an ircd on, let me know. I would be more than happy to lend some bandwidth from my server.

NjOyRiD

both ideas is good
but what what i had in mind is like if somebody wanna give a mini course or something, it would be easier for him to talk and us to listen
but both idea is good! I have mirc :)
370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

PuddingTime

My buddies are trying to get me to play World of Warcrack but with a 13 month old I can't find the time :(

I have used mirc for over a decade it is great.

slickshooter

Not to show disrespect to the site but its hard enough to have a good chat with a worthwhile topic in the forums.
Most only receive a few replies

It'd be awfully boring on a chat when nobody replies!