New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Problems logging into bulletin Board

Started by Julie, January 10, 2006, 11:07:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julie

For a week I have been unable to log into the bulletin board.
I was logged into the front page but could not access the message board as a logged in user.
Currently I am on another pc so not sure if it will work on my home pc.

Has anyone else experienced this and if so what did you do to solve it?  I have refreshed, went back and forth...

Thanks,
Julie

squeeker

When I had this problem, I just refreshed from the forum page and it worked for me... never had this problem since.  

Have you cleared out your temporary internet files folder, cookies, etc?

Julie

I'm on my moms pc now; it is still working which is a good sign.

Yes the problem occured after clearing cookies and temporary internet files.  I tried refresh and it didn't work.

Julie

luvfishies

Have you tried clearing out your cache? That will sometimes work.

s0me

Clear out your cache and all cookies.

Sailfin

This week only, late at nights I have been having problems getting on the Ovas website.    Sometimes clearing cookies doesn't do anything unless you really know how to delete cookies and gifs, etc.    My work computer, where I delete my cookies everyday and clear the cache or other files......My work computer still shows the Poppy on the Flag gif on the left hand side.

Marc

Another think to check:  If using Internet Explorer, on the menu bar select "Tools", then "Internet Options. " On the "General" tab, under "Temporary Internet Files" click on "Settings" then ensure that "Check for newer versions of stored page" is set to "Every visit to the page".

Marc

Julie is still having problems logging in and is wondering if there is anyone using Windows 95 or 98 using the board and if they are having problems logging in.

Pisidan

I had a silimliar problem found I cant use Firefox to access these boards and needed a up to date Explorer to log on or else it kept putting me in a endless circle saying I logged on than go to the Bulletin boards and would ask me to log on again vicious cycle try updating your browser may help did for me and dont use anything but explorer try that and see Good luck

Julie

Hi, I'm back on my moms pc using WIN XP.

Pisidan - that is exactly the problem I am having at home;  and the interesting thing is it occurs on my older hard drive with WIN 95.
I am using IE and as far as I know it is the most current version 6.
I downloaded Opera and got the same result - logged in the front page but not on the bulletin board.

The whole thing occured after I emptied my cookies and temporary internet files.
I have reformatted my hard drive twice.

Is anyone else using WINME?

Thanks,
Julie

p.s.  Thank you Marc.

BigDaddy

Nelson had a similar problem.  Turned out to be a virus which was messing with his cookies.

Julie

Hi, if it is a virus, would it not disappear when I reformat my hard drive?

Thanks,
Julie

What did Nelson do to resolve it?

luvfishies

Don't use IE if you can help it!

FFx 1.5 here and it's showing just fine.

Julie

YIPPEEEE - thank you for the suggestion Luvfishies, I just got logged in finally at home!!!!
(with firefox)

Julie  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  8)

luvfishies

Welcome aboard, Julie. FFx is a great browser. Very customisable with extensions.

Be warned that it does behave differently to IE as it adheres to html protocols that IE doesn't. Pages that have "bad" HTML will NOT load properly, even if they do in IE, as IE "guesses" rather than just refusing to accept bad pages.