Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

plants website

Started by NjOyRiD, January 31, 2006, 02:39:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NjOyRiD

I,m looking for a webisite, which it can tell me where exactly the plant is from, like what ecosystem? anyone know?
370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

NjOyRiD

hey the first one is not bad, thanx :)
370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

BigDaddy

NjOyRiD

yeah but its not precise, like i wanan know what river they are from if possible

i like plantgeek, but i just need more specific :)
370g System

mseguin

Not many plants are limited to one riveror even one river system. any plant that does well tends to spread over large areas, by the very nature of aquatic ecossytems.

NjOyRiD

370g System

apistome

It's nice to find out which plants certain fish prefer in their natural environment for spawning, hiding or predation. The Biotopes section of www.Aquabotanic.com is good, and www.thekrib.com. But I had to  buy a Cichlid atlas to find lists of the names of the rivers, the species caught there, other flora and fauna found in it. If you have the name of a river it might be easier to search that way than by the name of the plant, which as mseguin said may be found anywhere.

mseguin

Oliver Lucanus wrote an article for Aquarium Hobbyist (or whatever the name of the magazine is) about biotope aquariums, if you cna find it.