Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

September OVAS meeting

Started by babblefish1960, August 07, 2006, 12:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

babblefish1960

Next OVAS meeting September 25, 7:00 p.m. Jack Purcell Community Centre ;D

succinctfish

Wow, that sounds like a lot of fun :D
What exactly is scheduled for the meeting?  I assume that there will be a mini auction?  After a summer off, there will probably be a lot of cool stuff for sale. ;D

babblefish1960

Well Virginia, there will be the introductions of all the executive, new and old, along with a brief synopsis of what the club has planned for the future, of both the site and the club.

Moreover, there will be the annual plant contest where members will be given a plant to take home to see just how wet their thumbs are, to be judged in the May 2007 meeting.

Additionally, as per usual, there will be the mini-auction after all the fun stuff to allow everyone to get back into the craving of good deals and obscure stuff.

succinctfish

Now this plant contest, it's only open to OVAS members?  If so, then I guess the meeting is a great opportunity to buy a membership, help support this website and the club, and show off your green thumb at the same time ;D :D :D 8)

babblefish1960

Well there Virginia, a mighty good question, yes the plant contest is only open to members, but hey, what a great way to show your support, and if you buy any fish or supplies in Ottawa, well, you can make your money back right away, it pays to join for sure.

Why even ma and pa Kettle will be there showing everyone how to care for their new plants for the contest, and most assuredly, I reckon that a good time will be had by all.

mseguin

I have prepared (almost done) a fish id quiz as well.

FishPassion

Im planning on going to the meeting in sept save me a seat in the first row, gotta get some bargains at the auction Jody...
80 corner diamond
110 short
40 cube

babblefish1960

Quote from: FishPassion on August 08, 2006, 07:49:05 AM
Im planning on going to the meeting in sept save me a seat in the first row, gotta get some bargains at the auction Jody...
Consider it done there big fella, you can sit next to Virginia and me, bring lots of money.

BigDaddy

Shouldn't he be forced to the back of the class, where all the naughty boys hang out?    ;D

babblefish1960

I do hope you mean fishpassion, he is a nogoodnick from way back, while I've never been naughty in my life...sort of. :D