Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

SuperPet Garage Sale : (

Started by UCGrafix, September 09, 2006, 12:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UCGrafix

Hi everyone,

Funny thing.
I went to SuperPet ( Merivale ) yesterday to pick up a new AC 50, since the new flyer came out, I tough I might get lucky, while i'm browsing around one of the girls told me to wait until today for there Garage sale, just in case they might be on sale, So I did.

Drove there this morning at 9 am, looked all over the store for the " Garage Sale tables " or " something ", and it's the same thing that was on yesterday. lol

Normally in a garage sale, everything you no longer want is taken out, right ?
Price are marked down to get rid of the stuff ?
The seller sort of figure " well I better get a few buck and get rid of it " ?
The buyer thinks : I can get someone else's stuff for cheaper than new " ?

That being said.
Don't hold your breath and expecting all sort of goodies ( odds and ends, liquidation's or used stuff at reduced prices ), it's not going to happen.

It's certainly not the kind of Garage Sale I am use to. lol

Any way.
The morning drive was nice though lol
Went to BA on Innes after and came back on Aviation Parkway, real nice drive back to Hull : )

s0me

What were you expecting??? 90% off? It is just a way for them to try and sell off some of their overstock and bring in potential customers.

UCGrafix

Quote from: s0me on September 09, 2006, 01:14:04 PM
What were you expecting??? 90%

No !
It's not a question of how much off.
I just taught that the " Garage Sale " theme would have been the focus.
If your going to call it that, might as well make it look like it.
Pull out some tables, get the staff to ware aprons as some do in Garage Sales, and get the customers excited with the event.
SOme times it's not what you offer, but how you offer it : )

I like shopping there and usually stop in once a week, it's one of my favorite stops on my weekly shopping spree ( grocery, gas you know ), it's a nice clean store, I love the look of the fish section because that's where I initially got the idea for my fish wall that did not happen, the staff are always real nice, they have good prices, and still purchased everything on my list, regardless of discounts or not.
As a matter of fact, everything I purchased had no discount.

PS : I don't wait for give away's to purchase what I want and need.

s0me

Quote from: UCGrafix on September 09, 2006, 04:44:44 PM

PS : I don't wait for give away's to purchase what I want and need.

Never said you did, but thanks for the informational tidbit...

Shouganai

I managed to grab some reptile stuff at Kanata for 20% off, and some open box/used reptile stuff for really good prices, so I am happy! :)