Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Implications of cloning/genetic modification.

Started by Adam, November 09, 2006, 11:03:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam

I have to write an essay for my english course at university.  I chose "the ethical and other implications of either cloning and/or genetic modification of plants or animals."  Since aquariums are something I know a lot about, I want to bring it back to this, and there are a lot of issues like this in the hobby.  Those glo-zebras, hybrids, etc...are all topics that would be interesting. 

Give me some ideas of what i could use, as well as maybe some interesting sites you have found over time. 

Thanks a lot.

Adam
150 Gallon Mbuna: 2 M. baliodigma, 5 Ps. sp. "Deep Magunga", 3 L. caeruleus, 3 Ps. demasoni, 1 P. Spilotonus 'Albino Taiwan Reef', 2 C. afra "Cobue", 2 Ancistrus sp.-144, 5 Ps. Acei, 1 Albino Ancistrus spp. L-144, Various fry

20 Gallon Long Reef: 1 Gramma melacara, 1 Pseudocheilinus hexataenia, 2 Lysmata amboinensis, 2 Lysmata wurdemanni, snails, hermits, crabs, mushrooms, SPS, rare zoanthids, palythoas, ricordea, favites, cloves, acans, candycanes leathers

PaleoFishGirl

An essay for your English course at university and you want us to help you write it... must be first year English ;)  Aren't you supposed to do your own research?

Adam

I don't want you to write it  ::).  I just want some topics I can research on my own, maybe personal experiences.

Adam
150 Gallon Mbuna: 2 M. baliodigma, 5 Ps. sp. "Deep Magunga", 3 L. caeruleus, 3 Ps. demasoni, 1 P. Spilotonus 'Albino Taiwan Reef', 2 C. afra "Cobue", 2 Ancistrus sp.-144, 5 Ps. Acei, 1 Albino Ancistrus spp. L-144, Various fry

20 Gallon Long Reef: 1 Gramma melacara, 1 Pseudocheilinus hexataenia, 2 Lysmata amboinensis, 2 Lysmata wurdemanni, snails, hermits, crabs, mushrooms, SPS, rare zoanthids, palythoas, ricordea, favites, cloves, acans, candycanes leathers

Sue

There was a thread on OVAS about glowfish a while back,it has some links people posted to other glowfish articles.
http://ovas.ca/index.php?topic=5292.0

Here's a link on transgenic's that might help you with other potential transgenic animal topics:
http://www.actionbioscience.org/biotech/margawati.html

squeeker

What about dyed fish and all that it involves?  There are a TON of sites on that... just google.