New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Fish I D please

Started by damarech, November 07, 2006, 06:25:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

damarech

I bought these fish from another ovas member And in my excitment to get them home ,I failed to get their names.

[attachment deleted by admin]

repeej

Those fish don't have names....I think you should sell them to me.   ;)

damarech

How much cash do you have??? ;D

PaleoFishGirl

The second one is definitely Steve :D

damarech

So this is where all the comedians go between jobs. ::)

repeej

Quote from: damarech on November 07, 2006, 07:47:34 PM
How much cash do you have??? ;D

enought to pay for a few fish... ;)

shoot me a price....i need a few of those for my show tank.

darkdep

All except #3 are peacocks of some kind for sure.  #2 (and probably #4) are males, #1 and #5 are females. 

limmer

#3 might be a female Otopharynx Lithobates.

darkdep

I'm thinking that too, but could be a red empress female as well...they are very similar.

Al

Agree with the peacock call. #3 could also be a female copadichromis?. I have kept these before and they usually have three darker spots on their flanks which are a silvery grey - dull like the peacock females. There are no other spots, however. Can't really tell from the picture contrast.

Sue

2 & 3 look a bit like Copadichromis quadrimaculatus or a taiwan reef variant, but I haven't heard of anyone breeding them here for ages.
If you have the name of the seller I can probably find some contact info for them. (if they are a ovas member)

pegasus

I'm more sure of what they are not than what they are. I breed Protomelas Taiwan reef and #2 & 3 are not. #3 is not a female SRE but looks more like a Lithobate.
#2 is a beautifull fish, as a body similar to the Copadichromis but with coloration more in the Aulonocara Jakes.  Sue is right, you got to go back to the vendor.

damarech

I was hoping that Pegasus would see this post,as your name was mention as the posible breeder of some of these fish.
Thank you everybody for the input.I have at least narrowed my search down to the most lickley results.
BTW I found two fry in there tank that have the same striping as #1 so we know that we have a mating pair.

pegasus

Then they are the Aulonocara Lemon Jakes I got from the Montreal auction about 2 years ago. They are nice but I never been satisfied with their overall coloration. I have a few left 3-4" for sale then that will be it, concentrating more on the Orange sunshine, the maleri, hongi and blue neon, even the baenschi have to go.

pegasus

Oh BTW, your #3 has to be a lithobates, nobody in his right mine would get rid of a female red Empress. ;D