Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Great Driftwood?

Started by Mettle, November 24, 2006, 07:10:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mettle

I'm looking for a really nice, really exotic piece of driftwood to put into my 72 gallon bowfront. The tank is more or less a display tank in my almost finished basement (just a bit more to get done before it's truly done) and I want it to look really good... I saw a really amazing piece at Super Pet Barrhaven but it was disgustingly overpriced as they tend to be and when I finally decided to bite the bullet and buy it, it was of course GONE.

I'm looking for a very large piece. I have one in there now but it's just not cutting it. I'll most likely be removing it, sterilizing it and then using it with some of my reptiles instead... And now I'm going to need something nice and big and exotic to fill its place.

I was wondering if anyone has seen any magnificent WOW pieces in any of the Ottawa area stores (preferably West End as I am not going out to Big Als on Innes or the East end I don't think, I never do) or if anyone has something for sale...

Any help would be appreciated!

If it helps... the sole fish in the tank is my flowerhorn. So I don't really have to worry about anything beyond him in terms of what's going in there. I just want something nice and sculptural and really unique.

Cheers.