Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

what is the name of the snail?

Started by WTS, November 19, 2006, 07:17:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WTS

Saw them in the tanks of the SP,not digger than 1CM,looks like small nails,colour is black an white.Want some to get ride of the green algae.Is it a good idea?Thanks!

cory

probably zebra snails. A good snail for algea would be ramhorns. Worked for me. Pm me if you would like some.

WTS

Cory,Thank you !I found it .The name is Malaysian Trumpet Snails.Googled it ,seems not bad.

Melody

MTS are great, in my opinion, but they are difficult to erradicate so make sure you really want them...lol.

Before you buy, post a classified or ask around the club.  Many people will just give you a bunch as they are very prolific if the food is plentiful.

cory

If you want MTs i have millions! You can have them for free!

bitterman

Quote from: cory on November 20, 2006, 03:08:33 PM
If you want MTs i have millions! You can have them for free!

Cory,

I would love to get some mts for my tank.

Thanks,
   Bruce

cory

You do know what your gettin your self into Bruce! You planning on buying some clown loaches! lol

But if you want some i have them and some Ramhorns. Let me know when and where. You can even come over and see my fronts;D

Melody

Even Clown Loaches won't help you with MTS....lol...they can survive a trip through the digestive system and very few can crack that shell.

They are a great little creature for the gravel though, and they stay hidden during the day unless they over-populate.  Like any snail, they will only over-populate if they have food.

There are several varieties of MTS with different shell patterns, colors, etc.  I rather like them myself.   :)