Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Rough price of 6 foot tanks?

Started by darkdep, December 03, 2006, 01:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkdep

I just got tentative approval to plan for the install of 2 new 6 foot tanks to extend my fishwall (My wife ROCKS!).

Will be waiting for boxing day at least and hoping that there are some 6footers on sale (fingers crossed) but I was wondering what tanks of this size go for roughly?  Looking at dimensions, 72" x 18" x 22" appears to be a 120gallon, two of those would fit perfectly in the spot I'm planning. 

Anyone know what these guys go for?

Mettle

busdriver

I was at Big Al's on Innes and they had a tank on display as soon as you walked in the door that I think was a 125 for 229.00 tank only.
If I had the money I would have bought it and explained later. ::)
Like PFG says "I miss this place and all the people associated with it."

Jesse

I bought my 120g at Big Als Kanata for my snake. It was 229.99 and they have on with a crack in it for 100$, but would probably go lower. The guy I spoke to said it was resealable.

succinctfish

You might want to check out BA Kanata Chris.  They have good prices on All Glass tanks at the moment.(I don't know if they have the size you are looking for, but I think they had a 210 ;))

babblefish1960

No no no, don't look at the 210, I'm sure it is an error, yeah an error, same numbers as 120, but you can't get the 210 APW, I want it, I'm supposed to get it under the Christmas tree this year, must find a space for it in the living room, next to the...fish tanks...hmmm, I might need help finding a spot, but you can't have it DD, so don't even think about it. :P

darkdep

lol don't worry, 210 wouldn't work for me.  I want two tanks stacked :)

bitterman

Chris,

I think you are look for stand 125 gallon tanks. One would be perfect for starting a colony of frontosa :)

If 22" is too tall for you you can get Some tanks that are about 100 Gallons (Some places call them 105s) 72x18x ~18" tall  I would go for the 125 for the extra water volume :)

Bruce

beowulf

BA Montreal now has a 210g (I think it was I know it was over 200) and I can get the price for you to compare if you want.

bitterman

210-220 are about 72x24x29" tall  Probably too tall for stacking the tanks. A Real PITA to reach in for cleaning also!

darkdep

Yes 29" is a nice display tank size but really, I want them to be easier to clean.  21" is the same height as a 75 and that is just perfect for my arms :)  125's seem right.  Plus, the tanks I have now are all stacked so I want to continue that design.  I have about 8 feet to play with, but I want to use 6 footers and leave the rest of the space either for canister filters or possibly stacked 10's. 

Unless BA is selling 75's at their boxing day sale, in which case I might...MIGHT...be crazy enough to pick up 4 of them :)

Mettle

Hold out for the six footers! You won't regret it.  ;D

Any plans to have a non-fish wall show tank?

darkdep

Not at this time.  Although, as much as I'm kinda trying to breed a bunch of things right now, I would like a tank just for my showpieces.  One of the 6 footers may end up serving that duty.

My wife and I have discussed a room divider project some long time in the future tho.