Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Cichlids

Started by daniel, December 14, 2006, 09:20:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daniel

do Cichlids do well with mollies, or will they eat them if i place them in a community tank?

darkdep

No, cichlids can't be kept with mollies :)  Cichlids are far more aggressive and will quickly disperse of the mollies.

beowulf

Quote from: DarkDep on December 14, 2006, 09:22:06 AM
No, cichlids can't be kept with mollies :)  Cichlids are far more aggressive and will quickly disperse of the mollies.

I do not agree as it really depends on which type of cichild.  Dwarfs for example would have no problem I would think.

BigDaddy

Quote from: DarkDep on December 14, 2006, 09:22:06 AM

"disperse of" ??? Don't you mean "dispense with"  ;D

Steve_2

yeah, I agree. It really depends on the kind of cichlid. For example, kribs would not likely bother an adult molly and they have similar water requirements. Other options would be keyholes, angles, rams(althout they have different water needs, mollies are adaptable) and I know there's others.

There are many cichlids that are far too aggressive for mollies though...And some will become aggressive when breeding.

I would not recommend africans, convicts, or jack dempseys for exemple...the molly would be turned into a messy meal. lol

Steve

darkdep

You're all right.  Sorry, had blinders on this morning.