Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Jade Goby ????

Started by KLKelly, December 23, 2006, 04:32:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KLKelly

I was in picking up six (not the twelve I wanted  ;D) furcatus from SuperPet in Kanata today and my mom loved these goby's.  I have read up on everything I've brought home before purchasing and hate to bring things home without researching.  But I did and now I'm working backwards.  The receipt says Jade Goby.

I hear a couple other people on here may have purchased one.  Of course I can't find much online about them.  What I have found mentions brackish and fresh water and that they may also be known as Dormitator maculatus in the aquarium hobby.  What I've found about those is they can grow up to a foot!  Uh oh.

Anyone know what I'm talking about?  Any ideas where I can find out more information?  Google is great if you know what you are looking for - not so easy if you don't have a clue.

Thanks for everyones help on steeling the media.  Looks good so far : ) : ) : )

Karrie

mseguin

They're not jade gobies, they are apparently known as Cortunix gobies (Stiphodon zebrinus). I just had no code in the computer for that particular type of fish and had to use the Jade goby one :-)

KLKelly

Ha Ha - Matt you made my day.  Seeing the site that said some Goby's get to a foot threw me for a loop lol.

I'm good to go now.  Thanks!!!!!

KT