New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

I make cookies

Started by RoxyDog, December 12, 2006, 03:10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoxyDog

That is my claim to fame around here.  Sad huh?  :P 

Hi, my name is RoxyDog and I love my fish.  They're africans and they rock! 
I began roaming around this place about the same time as PFG and voila, addicted.  Just like that.  It's all Squeeker's fault. :D 
Big Daddy enticed me into becoming Social Convenor with the promise of my name turning blue.  It was so pretty, I couldn't help myself.  I am not good with temptation.  I'd buy anything PFG asked me to.  ;)

Luckily I like it here, and enjoy the company of these other crazy fish people!  So if you're really nice to me, maybe I'll make you coffee and give you a cookie.   ;D
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

darkdep

BTW, although she claims each meeting that she's not baking cookies for the meetings anymore, she keeps doing it.  Cause they freakin' rock.

bitterman

She's a snail freak also!

PaleoFishGirl

She didn't mention anything about a love of firemen... odd...

The cookies are amazing, by the way.  We need to create a petition to ensure she continues to slave away at that oven :D

babblefish1960

This everloving snail weirdo also stamps nametags on people at the meetings, so she is a busy woman, I just can't stress enough how much we all love your cookies Roxydog, they are fantastic.

Roxy is also noted for keeping lovely plants rather successfully with her beautiful african cichlids, something you may wish to share here Rox.

beowulf

Man people are building these cookies up that I hope they are as good as the hype when I get to try them next month at my first meeting  ;D

darkdep

I thought all women loved firemen?

beowulf

Quote from: DarkDep on December 14, 2006, 08:22:45 AM
I thought all women loved firemen?

I thought it was men in uniform in general.

PaleoFishGirl

No it's definitely firemen :D

RoxyDog

oh it's definitely firemen.  but some other types of uniforms do it too.  ;)

I can't make cookies now...Beowulf is right, you have built them up so far, I can't disappoint him now.  they will have to be bought. :P

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

babblefish1960

Just like the woman and horses connection, I don't understand the men in uniform thing either, but then you are a snail weirdo.

As for the cookies, you must make more cookies, they are just so darn good, and us foodies know a seriously good cookie when we find them. yum  ;)

As for the rest of you as a person, you are so much more than mere fantastic cookies, heck, you are a keeper of africans in planted tanks, what sort of fish do you keep, and you must explain about the perfectly good 54 gallon tank you seconded to someone named ecko!

Come on roxydog, start talking, I for one would love to see some photographs of your fish.

RoxyDog

Um, I'm not allowed to have any more tanks with fish, so I upgraded the gecko. :D  He's cute, he deserves it.  And well, it's there, so maybe my husband will get used to it and then I'll kinda slowly fill it with water and magically add fish after Echo has *left the building*.

My camera does not take pics well without a flash.  :(  And I asked the fish to stop swimming and pose for me, but they never listen.  Maybe you can give them a good pep talk for me Jody?   :D

babblefish1960

Cute story about the "empty" tank, that should go swimmingly well.

As for a pep talk, I am of the old school of strict discipline with consequences, and I have to say, it even works with fish, I threaten to eat them if they don't co-operate, and in the end, they do, or they end up in a sandwich. The tiny fish are more scattered though, and it takes far too many tiny pencilfish to fill a sandwich, so they are more difficult, but it works with the angels and discus, you can eat them like a cheeseburger.

In case some of you thought I was a monster, well, I may be, but I don't seriously eat my fish, this is what some of us would refer to as dark humour, borne out of many episodes of Monty Python's flying circus et al.

Seanc has been in your car and survivied the experience, he takes very niuce pictures and I'm sure would love another harrowing ride experience. (teens are like that with fear). ;D

Will your sniggering "other" notice if echo leaves the building? That tank should have water in it.

beowulf

Ummm discusburger how tasty  :D

PoisonJello

What kind of cookies.......I like cookies ;D

babblefish1960

Why, the very best chocolate chip cookies, amazing oatmeal raisin cookies, and terrific peanut butter cookies, A cookie cornucopaea if ever there was one, roxydog is the superlative cookie Queen. :)