Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Angels in a 33 gallon

Started by Adam, December 28, 2006, 04:49:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam

Can I do it?  A pair of them.  36"x12"x18".

Adam
150 Gallon Mbuna: 2 M. baliodigma, 5 Ps. sp. "Deep Magunga", 3 L. caeruleus, 3 Ps. demasoni, 1 P. Spilotonus 'Albino Taiwan Reef', 2 C. afra "Cobue", 2 Ancistrus sp.-144, 5 Ps. Acei, 1 Albino Ancistrus spp. L-144, Various fry

20 Gallon Long Reef: 1 Gramma melacara, 1 Pseudocheilinus hexataenia, 2 Lysmata amboinensis, 2 Lysmata wurdemanni, snails, hermits, crabs, mushrooms, SPS, rare zoanthids, palythoas, ricordea, favites, cloves, acans, candycanes leathers

beowulf

Adam

Do they go well with gouramis?

Adam
150 Gallon Mbuna: 2 M. baliodigma, 5 Ps. sp. "Deep Magunga", 3 L. caeruleus, 3 Ps. demasoni, 1 P. Spilotonus 'Albino Taiwan Reef', 2 C. afra "Cobue", 2 Ancistrus sp.-144, 5 Ps. Acei, 1 Albino Ancistrus spp. L-144, Various fry

20 Gallon Long Reef: 1 Gramma melacara, 1 Pseudocheilinus hexataenia, 2 Lysmata amboinensis, 2 Lysmata wurdemanni, snails, hermits, crabs, mushrooms, SPS, rare zoanthids, palythoas, ricordea, favites, cloves, acans, candycanes leathers

beowulf

That I do not know as I have never had gouramies but you would have to stick to dwarfs I would think if not you would be running out of room.

yellowtang

As keeper of angels and gouramies in 55g tank for few years
now,I can tell you I have never had issues with them being together.
In fact they get along quite fine...........
as far as angels in a 33g tank I see no problems there.
I once had 5 angels in a 29g and still were ok.
However there is always individuals policing  do and don't of the trade... >:(
by all means my friend go with what you think is ok and feels safe.
IMO.
120g REEF Upgrading to a 180g soon
38G REEF

Jesse

IMHO I wouldnt put the gouramis with angels in a 33g. I have noticed that gouramis can be a bit nippy sometimes, usually only the full sized ones though. Gouramis or angels should be the centrepiece of the tank, the "big" fish. Both nice fish but I think the two of them in the same tank could be a problem. Maybe in a larger tank, like a 75g, but a 33g I think is too small. Angels in a 33g would be fine, as the others have stated, and if you really want to put gouramis with them put dwarfs.