Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Hermit Crab Shells

Started by frollo, February 18, 2007, 08:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frollo

After some consideration of where I should post this, I decided the best place is the lounge...because technically this post isn't aquatic...so please relocate this post if necessary.

I remember reading (while lurking around), someone had posted, perhaps a year ago, they were looking for a source for hermit crab shells.

I, having decided to refuse to pay the obscenely marked up pet store shell prices, had resorted to going to local craft stores for shell packs and hoping to find at least one or 2 useable shells only to be disappointed, so I had finally to decided to begin my quest for mail order shells.

I am happy to recommend this US site as I have just ordered and received 12 shells (3/4", 1" and 1.25" sizes)  for a very reasonable price including shipping and exchange of less than 16$ Canadian. (I had placed the order mid week and received the order the following week.) My smallest crab (the poster crab for "When does a crab need a new home?") has finally relocated to a new home.

For you hermit crab shell seekers, check out: http://www.macsshellshack.com

Yours truly, slave ;) to:
- a few fury feline friends,
- a 24 gallon goldfish tank,
- 80 gallon angel, otty and clown loach tank
- 10 gallon hermit crab tank
- a spouse and kids