Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

LFS Experience

Started by CuckooJay, February 19, 2007, 10:35:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CuckooJay

My name is Jason and I have worked for BA Aquarium Services for over three years. As is partially explained in my profile, I've had my share experience in the pet trade.... well, at least for someone of merely 21.
  When I first entered in to the aquarium hobby at 18yrs old, it was only a small peice of the interest I followed. I had recently finished work in training parrots and I wished only to stay in the general "pet care" industry. Thus, I was offered a job at BA. Over the last few years my love for aquatic life has grown tremendously. I owe this to the many people I work for, and work with.
  My fellow staff has always consisted of people who share an obvious excitement for their work. From the very beggining they made it fun to research and learn as much as possible. Without this encouragement I would have nevery found myself so "deep" in the hobby.
   In the end I have gained not only a passion in life, but many close friendships at BA, with my staff and my costomers alike. I would simply like to thank you all.
   I offer a thread on the many GOOD experiences that customers and staff have shared. I was appauled to see the amount of bashing that goes on, on this site. I for one have no time for it. The only thing I gain from the help I give is the joy of passing on my passion and seeing your success. I could do half the work for the same wage at McDonalds, but I choose to do something rewarding. 
-J-

Toss

Very nice to read your post, Jason :)
I used to work for SP in the weekend just for my passion in this hobby, I didn't really care for the money either. It was an excellent experience.  :)
Enrico
75 gal - Mosquito rasbora, Bushynose pleco, RCS
9 gal - CRS
40 gal - Longfin Albino Bushynose pleco, RCS

darkdep

I look forward to reading the good experiences.  Unfortunately in life, those who are disappointed are often louder.

Adam

I think BA is great.  Prices may not be the lowest, but you have knowledgeable staff and a very good fish selection not usually found elsewhere.  I have bought almost all of my Africans from BA and the staff is always willing to help with anything.

Adam
150 Gallon Mbuna: 2 M. baliodigma, 5 Ps. sp. "Deep Magunga", 3 L. caeruleus, 3 Ps. demasoni, 1 P. Spilotonus 'Albino Taiwan Reef', 2 C. afra "Cobue", 2 Ancistrus sp.-144, 5 Ps. Acei, 1 Albino Ancistrus spp. L-144, Various fry

20 Gallon Long Reef: 1 Gramma melacara, 1 Pseudocheilinus hexataenia, 2 Lysmata amboinensis, 2 Lysmata wurdemanni, snails, hermits, crabs, mushrooms, SPS, rare zoanthids, palythoas, ricordea, favites, cloves, acans, candycanes leathers

scorpion-stinger

Hi Jason, I think some people are taking it at heart and shouldnt. For my experience I dont wanna bash LFS but put in the experience they have had.  ;)(i'm new to aquariums) and maybe I expect too much and shouldnt.  ;D Some people like to know the good and the bad about certain places etc.. It's just info for other users ;)

Thank you
Marc