Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

fry

Started by missmandy, February 26, 2007, 02:28:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

missmandy

hi i was wondering...i read online that fish specially angelfish love fry to eat. where can i buy some? do people sell it?

BigDaddy

In the wild sure... in the hobby, raising fry is an accomplishment most people cherish... so to hand off fry as feeders is usually not something people who are deliberately breeding do.

That being said, lots of people who keep predatory fish will keep a prolific breeder like guppies or convicts to provide a clean source of live food for their fish.

Honestly though, commercially prepared foods or even home-made foods are more than enough for Angels

Nerine

I never fed my angels fry...they ate worms, brine shrimp, krill bits etc. And they were healthy and happy!
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

babblefish1960

I personally have been having some interesting breeding conditioning with both the angels and the discus using the california black worms from zapisto. They're live, and they get the fishes attention rather will.

As a side note, years ago, many years ago, I kept my own line of common guppies that the angels and discus(separate tanks), would dart at amazing speed for when they were dropping their babies, but I find I have less problems now, and no more freaking guppies.