Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Our new fish

Started by succinctfish, February 27, 2007, 03:52:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

succinctfish

Well, we just got the sweetest fish from Mila, many thanks.  I had to share.  This is what he looks like, haven't had a chance to take pics yet.  At first I thought he's huge! and did a count of  all the fish in the tank to make sure he hadn't eaten anyone.   ::)
Then in the span of two minutes, he won my heart forever.  He is so gentle and personable.  He is trying to make friends with everyone in the tank, much to the festivum and keyholes dismay.  :)  He follows them around, or just hangs out with them.  I think in the end that they will all  be great friends.  We've named him JF, for Just Fish.  :)

[attachment deleted by admin]

PaleoFishGirl

Wow, cool! What beautiful colours, too! Any plans to get him a lady friend in the future? :)

succinctfish

He's just going to be a happy bachelor for the forseeable future.  His attempts at romance in the past were not successful ones, so I think he will be okay with his new buddies. He seems quite pleased with his new surroundings, and comes to the front of the tank to socialize with us as well.  Besides, lady friend = romance = babies(lots of babies) = need for even more tanks.  That way lies madness :)

gonna_b_no_1

I've always thought that madness is a level of "happiness" most of us never reach ;)

jodes22

mila

This is his brother and sister.

[attachment deleted by admin]

darkdep

Very Nice...

cichlid forum says up to 500 eggs at a time???  Yeah, better keep him single :)

Quatro

Great picture of the brother and sister.  Photo contest worthy.

gmann

Very nice fish and as Quatro mentioned awesome picture. 
500 eggs !  Imagine trying to protect them :o.

scorpion-stinger

WOW!!!  Thats a beautiful pair you have there  ;) :D

mila

Thanks guys, it is to late for photo contest this month.
JF is very good fish and i miss him, every body in his old tank miss him. Big pleco, his old friend didn't come out since he left.

Mettle

Acaras make great additions to peaceful tanks. I really like them. :)