Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

microworms anyone?

Started by gonna_b_no_1, March 01, 2007, 07:17:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gonna_b_no_1

I've offered in a few threads, so I figured I might as well make a thread.

I am offering to share/make cultures of microworms, and bring them to the auction free of charge. 

I got my first culture free(thanks pegasus!) and feel it's only right to share mine free too. 

So far, I'm only bringing one culture to the auction..is there anyone else who wants a culture?

normc

Do you keep them in the fridge or can they go any where. A certain other person isn't keen on having worms in the house :)

gonna_b_no_1

I just keep mine beside the fry tanks. 

I've never really kept them in or out of the dark.  I've never put em in the fridge.

Just kinda plopped the container of microworms on a shelf beside the fry tanks and left it there. 

bearmassu

I have never keep them befroe .. are they really just god for fry and stuff ... ???? and are they simular to white worms in keeping

gonna_b_no_1

I use them for all my fry.  Some fry, need BBS to start, and then can move onto microworms..others can take microworms right away.  My adult guppies have taken quite a liking to them too when I feel generous enough to put some in their tank.

Care is really simple.   You don't feed them.  Get a culture.  (which I"ll provide) and every 2 weeks restart the culture.  All you need is a little bit of worms from another culture, some oatmeal, yeast and a bit of  water.  I'll type up directions on how to restart a culture and leave my number on each of them too just in case.  :)

Tonight I  started 4 extra cultures.  2 are spoken for, so I'll have 2 extras....and even I don't need that many microworms ;)