Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

using a feeder system or not?

Started by jjorama, March 05, 2007, 08:55:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjorama

Any feedback on those 7 day feeder system? I will be away for a week, and I thought of using a feeder system. However, I read somewhere that fish can go for a week without feeding  :-X, is that true?

PaleoFishGirl

It's true :)  Up to 2 weeks with no problems. 

Are you talking about an auto-feeder or a feeding block?

Nerine

feeder blocks cause more trouble than they are worth!
unless you get the jelly blocks...not the white ones
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

Adam

Those feeder pyramids just cloud the water, pollute, and I'm not quite sure what the fish actually eat out of it...

They'll be fine for a week, but if you feel bad, you can always get a family member, friend, or neighbour to stop in to make sure things are ok after a few days, and have a pre-measured cup of food that they can feed the fish.  Don't tell them to feed 'just a little' because most often inexperienced people overfeed and will cause havoc you aren't there to clean up after.

Adam
150 Gallon Mbuna: 2 M. baliodigma, 5 Ps. sp. "Deep Magunga", 3 L. caeruleus, 3 Ps. demasoni, 1 P. Spilotonus 'Albino Taiwan Reef', 2 C. afra "Cobue", 2 Ancistrus sp.-144, 5 Ps. Acei, 1 Albino Ancistrus spp. L-144, Various fry

20 Gallon Long Reef: 1 Gramma melacara, 1 Pseudocheilinus hexataenia, 2 Lysmata amboinensis, 2 Lysmata wurdemanni, snails, hermits, crabs, mushrooms, SPS, rare zoanthids, palythoas, ricordea, favites, cloves, acans, candycanes leathers