Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

spring SAM auction

Started by babblefish1960, March 30, 2007, 04:40:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

babblefish1960

I usually have to ask someone as I never remember anything other than tax time, however, as we customarily travel en masse to Montreal to see what goodies we can bring home or give up over there, I thought it might be good to establish when the auction is, and what sort of traveling arrangements could be had for the SAM bound OVAS convoy?

Any reasonably intelligent facts would be welcome! :)

audioslave_36

When is it, where is it, and if I can make it, I would have room for two other people.

Dave

bearmassu

I been trying to find out now for a good long while .. the web page isn't very well kept ...and the info is out of date ... when you go to the auction it gives you info for the nov last years one ...????

artw

Zapisto is supposed to tell us shortly when the auction is. Normally its at the end of May.

Babblefish the carpool sponsor thing will be on the agenda for the upcoming executive meeting.

audioslave_36

Hello,

Is there any word on the spring SAM auction yet ?

Thank you

Dave

_BaDgUy_

It's at the same place and same time as usual!!   :)

Actually, here are the infos :

Sunday April 29th
Auction starts at noon.
Auction room should open at 10:00AM
Pre-registration is highly recommended at superencan @ aquasam.qc.ca
Pre-registration before Friday, April 27th at midnight at the above e-mail will give you 75% of the auctionned lot sale price, the SAM will get 25%
Registration after Friday April 27th will only give you 60% of the auctionned price.

Any lots registered on place after 11:30 on sunday will be automatically refused.

Zapisto will confirm the following informations shortly, as I'm not sure (wasn't able to attend the exec. meeting last month!)

People pre-registering their lots before monday the 23rd at midnight will receive a strip of raffle tickets.
All dry goods will be sold BEFORE livestock during the auction to try to speed up the auction!

Hope this helps!
David  :)

artw

Quote from: _BaDgUy_ on April 12, 2007, 06:04:40 AM

All dry goods will be sold BEFORE livestock during the auction to try to speed up the auction!

Thanks for the info David.  The above point is very interesting,  and as the Auction guy for OVAS I will be very keen on seeing how this turns out.

audioslave_36

all that info is great except, for those of use that have not gone to a SAM auction before, where is the same place as usual  ::)

thank you

Dave

BigDaddy

Dave... there's this great little search button up top ;)

That being said.. here's what the search digs up:

75 Square Sir-Georges-Étienne-Cartier

If you don't want to follow the Google map, there is always a carpool to the auction that gets organized

audioslave_36

:-[ sorry BigDaddy, in the future I will use my eyes before my fingers  ;)

thanks for the heads up though.

Dave

also if need be I can take two people with myself and my wife.