Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

New addition to my fish room

Started by ottawadiscus, March 22, 2007, 01:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ottawadiscus

Black arowana's.

[attachment deleted by admin]
"A man with hobbies never has time to waste" B.P

babblefish1960

Which variety did you get, I'm not good with keeping their various names straight. How many did you get? They Look great by the way.

groan

oh my...they are gorgeous!

so when are the babies coming? lol

ottawadiscus

These are wild caught black arowana. I have 2 in my fish room. They are very nice. I don't think that I will breed arowana.  :)

[attachment deleted by admin]

PaleoFishGirl

Ohhhhh.... they're beautiful! Congrats, Loyed!

Dare we ask how much those set you back?

Nerine

55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

beowulf

What size tank and who are they with?

ottawadiscus

Currently they are in 75gal tank with wild caught discus.

Mettle

Are w/c black arros legal?  ???  I'm guessing they are since you have some... I was just under the impression that they were CITES protected. I'm probably thinking of a totally different type, though.

groan

sniggir

you are thinking of Red arros.... they are endangered due to their popularity... and can not be sold WC... these are from brazil... and the Red's if I remember correctly come from indonisia
90 gallon/ 90 gallon sump all male show tank, 75g Accie, 75g masoni reef alonacara, yellow lab and trio of flame backs, 75 gal tawain reef, 75 gal bi500, red shoulder, blue regal,
40 gal breeder  F1 electric blue frierei, 25 gal sunshine peacock males awaiting females, 20 gallon trio albino pleco, 65gal neolamprongus Brachardi pulcher 2 30g fry grow out, 20g hatchery with 4 batches of eggs currently
Starting on a fish wall for breeding more coming soon!

ottawadiscus

As sniggir says it's from Brazil and legal. For asian aro's (red, gold, etc) must have chips and certificate to keep.