Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Looking for a volunteer

Started by artw, March 23, 2007, 11:41:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

artw

I am looking for a volunteer to assist me during the Mini Auction this coming Monday.

You would be required to sit in the front row directly infront of the Auctioneer, and record item numbers and how much they sell for on pre-printed Recorder sheets.   You would be required to pay close attention to the auctioneer, and be present for the entire Auction. 

the purpose of this job is to provide backup and redundancy.  I do the main data entry on the laptop on the fly, this new job would be a way to error correct me before we cash out people at the end of the night.

thank you for your consideration...  as an incentive to volunteer I'll give whoever does 5 door prize tickets.

beowulf

I have no problem helping out.

babblefish1960

Quote from: beowulf on March 23, 2007, 12:01:41 PM
I have no problem helping out.
Good man wulfbuoy, now that is true unconditional love of the fish club.

artw

thanks wulfboy, I sent you a pm.

and sorry for posting this in the wrong forum.

beowulf

Quote from: artw on March 23, 2007, 01:10:09 PM
thanks wulfboy, I sent you a pm.

and sorry for posting this in the wrong forum.

How Wude of you posting it in the wrong forum!!!  I take away your fish title!!!

babblefish1960

So, the big question, how did fancypants wulfboy fare as a recorder, did he do the job adequately, or with panache?

artw

Excellent, he caught a mistake that I missed, and the other 58 items sold matched perfectly.

beowulf

Your just jealous of my fancypants Mr Longtalk and it was a fun to help Art and the club out.

babblefish1960

Well that is good to know Art, I imagine that it should help in the future as your eyes and ears get older and you start forgetting what it is you're intended to be doing.

As for mr. fancypants, the longtalk thing is very cute, I suppose though, that had you wanted a treatise on anything, as long as it was by succinctfish, it couldn't be babbling at all.