Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

cherry shrimp babies

Started by nissannx, March 21, 2007, 12:08:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nissannx

i had 3 prgnant females and all of them have given birth now. i found 2 little itsy tiny babies tonight when i starred hard at the tank lol. how many babies do they give off? how long before she is pregnant again and how long before the babies get big enough to really see them?

zapisto

what else do you have in the tank
my cherry give me about 40 fry each time.
baby take about 3 month to reach a nice size.
she will be berried next molted , and that depend of some parameters.

nissannx

what does that mean berried next molted? i have gouramis who prbably made them a snack

zapisto

Quote from: nissannx on March 21, 2007, 07:55:41 AM
what does that mean berried next molted? i have gouramis who prbably made them a snack

in the shrimp language :
berried = carry eggs
Molt = change exoskeleton

nissannx

sweet ive seen some malts already then. i though i had dead shrimp lol. glad that not the case. i have one with eggs again. the little guys are so small. should i put the pregnant female shrimp in mesh fry thing until she gives birth or let nature take its course? also what is teh life expectancy of teh shrimp?

zapisto

Quote from: nissannx on March 22, 2007, 12:37:04 AM
sweet ive seen some malts already then. i though i had dead shrimp lol. glad that not the case. i have one with eggs again. the little guys are so small. should i put the pregnant female shrimp in mesh fry thing until she gives birth or let nature take its course? also what is teh life expectancy of teh shrimp?
No dont put her in a mesh fry..... she will be there long time :)
and i would answer 24 month for life (less or more)