Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

need help to figure out lighting ..

Started by gonna_b_no_1, April 03, 2007, 05:48:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gonna_b_no_1

33g tank. Planted.  Co2 running (dyi set up)

I need help figuring out exactly what type of lighting I need, and if possible where to find it, for how much..

I got all these nice plants...but they're not doing so hot sans good lumiere.

Any suggestions or ideas are greatly appreciated!

sniggir

you could put 2 T5's overto and that would be plenty of light for them.. if yo built the balest...which I could come over and do it with ya that would be 80 w over a 30 gal..and the light is very intenseor you could put three cause a work horse 5 will power three of themand that would be 120w your plants would explode
90 gallon/ 90 gallon sump all male show tank, 75g Accie, 75g masoni reef alonacara, yellow lab and trio of flame backs, 75 gal tawain reef, 75 gal bi500, red shoulder, blue regal,
40 gal breeder  F1 electric blue frierei, 25 gal sunshine peacock males awaiting females, 20 gallon trio albino pleco, 65gal neolamprongus Brachardi pulcher 2 30g fry grow out, 20g hatchery with 4 batches of eggs currently
Starting on a fish wall for breeding more coming soon!

angrycow

what about some spirals, HD sells some Phillips spirals rated @ 27 watts, with 80 cri and 6500k.  I have some and they are bright.  Once they warm up its like staring at the sun, only issue is the heat they generate.  Otherwise, $12 for 2 bulbs is isn't overly expensive.  3 or 4 of those over your tank would be lots of light.