Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Coralife Lighting?

Started by angrycow, March 26, 2007, 09:18:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

angrycow

Hi all,

anyone know where I can find coralife fixtures and do they come in 18 in. length.  I checked Bigalsonline and didn't see them, MarineScape maybe?

DH

BigDaddy

Coralife makes a 20 inch unit for 10 gallon tanks.  I don't believe they make an 18 inch long fixture. 

angrycow

thanks bigdaddy

I guess I'm back to square one, maybe someone on here will have a suggestion so here goes:

I have a 30G cube (Dims are 19*19*19) that I'm redoing and I'm planning to plant medium heavy to heavy.  I'm already settled on everything (substrate, plants, etc...) but finding lighting that will look ok  is proving to be harder than I thought.

Any ideas.

DH

PaleoFishGirl

Put the 20 incher on top anyway? It wouldn't be too bad.

artw

We do have short Coralife fixtures but the only one we have in stock is the 50/50 actinic one. it's 18" long, 2x36 watts I believe.

BigDaddy

Oops... completely forgot

The Aqualight Mini is only 9 inches with 2 9W CF bulbs.  So you could put two end to end.  Or there is a 12 inch with 2 18 watt bulbs in it.  Neither one of those is gonna provide a ton of light for plants though, as they were designed for 5 and 10 gallon tanks (only 12 inches high)

Cool Art.. just found that new 2 x 36 Coralife... and its only 12 inches to boot.  That would definately work in a planted tank once you loose the 50/50 bulbs

artw

the thing is, I don't think we actually HAVE a "Freshwater"  2x36... the Kanata store never heard of it, and we don't have it in our computer...  I didn't actually check with Coralife, it could be a brand new product.

BigDaddy

Well.. AH Supply has 36 W CF tubes... and I am pretty sure Litemore can special order 'em