Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

wigglers in planted tank?

Started by sas, March 27, 2007, 11:14:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sas

Can someone tell me if it is plausible to put wigglers in a planted tank with gravel as the substrate? My problem is......two of our koi angels have paired off and subsequently spawned in one of the community tanks. I'd like to save some of this breeding and syphon them out at the wiggler stage into a tank that houses snails and shrimp which is planted with swords and anubias. The temp. is low at 76 and I do have a sponge on the filter intake. Will they get stuck in the gravel I guess is my fear? I realize they won't be able to stay long in this tank since my shrimp population will take a beating. Any advice would be great. Cheers

babblefish1960

Yes, not a problem really, good idea, good temp and idea, no they won't, no worries there, they will eat the shrimp fairly soon, so you have some time at least, good luck and have fun.

What are you planning to do with 400 babies?

sas

Thanks babble for the reply :).
Quote from: babblefish1960 on March 27, 2007, 03:05:27 PM

What are you planning to do with 400 babies?
LOL Ahhhhhhh with my eyesight and turkey basting skills I'll be lucky to get 10 fry raised.......the rest will go for fodder :'(.