Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

New Fishies!!!

Started by hamstercaster, March 30, 2007, 08:13:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hamstercaster

Well, one day after all hell broke loose... I've made new additions to the 55g yesterday and so far so good.. even though it's quite a strange/funny mix... Yesterday I purchased 7 new fishes from Pegasus.  I got 5 yellow lab juvies and one Otopharynx Lithobates Zimbabwe couple juvies.  The Lithobates are bigger then the Labs though but they don't seem to be interested in the Labs whatsoever.. at least for now.  Add to that the two Compressiceps Sumbu Dwarf I have and 6 zebra danios and we're in for one happy mix lol... We were able to catch 14 of the 20 zebras so I decided to leave the 6 others in the tank and see what would happen.  Needless to say they are now keeping together, schooling around the tank but they don't seem stressed or anything.  The male Lithobate does take a run at a zebra every once in a while but it lasts only a second and he quits... My wife just loves the Labs... can't wait to hear from her this morning to find out what the kids think of the new fishies.. they left daycare yesterday with 20 zebras and 2 sumb dwarf in the tank.....  They should be thrilled!!!  Ahhh here's the wife on the phone.. bye