Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Pics of my tanks

Started by THEKINGCOBRA, April 03, 2007, 08:58:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

THEKINGCOBRA

I cant find where I'm sposed to put these so I'll just post the links here to see what you all think. The Oscar tank is the one I have now and the Laker one is disassembled.

http://www.ratemyfishtank.com/friendemail.php/8477

http://www.ratemyfishtank.com/friendemail.php/8475

babblefish1960

Are you saying that these two different profiles are you and that you are both Canadian and American?  Should you have pictures of these tanks it is entirely possible to insert them on this thread using the additional options button, hit the browse button and make sure you remember the correct number of the file you have saved.

I'm assuming these are your tanks.

groan

Bass and perch!
Cool! I considered doing this at some point!
(did you know in Ontario, i believe,  if you keep a bass out of season you can be fined and also that if you keep a bass while in season it always counts towards your daily limit?)

not that i care, but just throwing that out there, but i did have the idea of doing this some time.

THEKINGCOBRA

Ummmmm, yes babble, there both mine. And I never realized about the yankee thing till it was brought up to me on another forum, lol, ooops my bad! "I AM CANADIAN" lol
As for what you were saying about adding pics, ya lost me, can you elaborate a bit?

And Groan...yeah your absolutely right.It goes against your daily catch limit. Fish and game wardens didnt mention anything about out of season though :o
As much as I researched that tank, it just didnt matter though, feeding was a nightmare.

PaleoFishGirl

When you are posting in a thread, click the link at the bottom that says "Additional Options..." and you'll be able to add attachments such as photos.

babblefish1960

You can do what paleofishgirl said about the pictures, and she's prettier than me when she says it too, so it may well come out clearer. I was just confused about them being your tanks as they seemed to have different nationalities, no problem, if you try what I said with PFG's instructions, it should work out for you. :)

groan

that was something i couldn't figure out. you would need to stock up a bunch of mosquito larvae, frogs, insects etc to feed them over the winter. I guess they would eat shrimp flake as well...or frozen assorted whatevers, shrimp, worm etc.

Were they messy? I get the feeling they would produce a lot of waste.

sniggir

and they also like cold water..in order to keep ontario Lake fish proper ly most people use chillers... not so much for sun fish but bass don't like realy warm water... my brother wanted to do a similar tank but i got him to wait till he has the proper funds to do it... he want to do a 300 gal... should be fun
90 gallon/ 90 gallon sump all male show tank, 75g Accie, 75g masoni reef alonacara, yellow lab and trio of flame backs, 75 gal tawain reef, 75 gal bi500, red shoulder, blue regal,
40 gal breeder  F1 electric blue frierei, 25 gal sunshine peacock males awaiting females, 20 gallon trio albino pleco, 65gal neolamprongus Brachardi pulcher 2 30g fry grow out, 20g hatchery with 4 batches of eggs currently
Starting on a fish wall for breeding more coming soon!

PoisonJello

just one question..when the get big enough do you eat them..well the bass and perch at least I'm not much of a sunfish fan but i know many that eat them too  ;)