Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

C02 cannisters?

Started by busdriver, April 06, 2007, 02:46:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

busdriver

I saw some pressurised c02 cannisters in a camping/paintball catalog the I get periodically and was wondering how long the c02 would last from each cannister?
The cannister sizes are: 9 oz, 12 oz and 20 oz.
Can someone tell me if these would work for a planted aquarium and would I use the same gauges and bubble counters as I would use on the larger cannisters?

Thanks for looking!
Like PFG says "I miss this place and all the people associated with it."

darkphreak

A full 10lbs bottle of CO2 only costs 130$ at http://www.davidsonfireextinguishers.ca/index.htm/ and will last more then a year depending...

charlie

Quote from: busdriver on April 06, 2007, 02:46:10 PM
I saw some pressurised c02 cannisters in a camping/paintball catalog the I get periodically and was wondering how long the c02 would last from each cannister?
The cannister sizes are: 9 oz, 12 oz and 20 oz.
Can someone tell me if these would work for a planted aquarium and would I use the same gauges and bubble counters as I would use on the larger cannisters?

Thanks for looking!
Terry ,it`s do able, but not worth the hassle.A 10 lb bottle is 90.00 in Gatineau (Pyromateck
fire extinguisher
in Gatineau at 819-568-2096.)
Regards

BigDaddy

Terry.. the problem is finding a regulator and needle valve setup to work with those units.  They are not the same as the thread you will find on a standard 5 or 10 lb bottle.

Given most people will burn through 5 pounds in around 6 months or so... you'd be filling a 20 oz bottle pretty regularly...

busdriver

Like PFG says "I miss this place and all the people associated with it."