New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Our 1st Meeting!

Started by dan2x38, May 28, 2007, 10:32:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dan2x38

My 8 year old son & I passed on the Sens 1st period to attend our 1st OVAS meeting. We enjoyed it very much. He loved the cookies & me the home show & auction. Oh yeah and door prize because I won. My 8 year old son drew the tickets and go figure he drew my number...  ;) I got a Maxi-Jet 1200 can have never to many PHs. He wants to go back and of course I do too. When we got home the game was 1-1 and 2nd period just staring so we made out just fine.
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Laura

I was so jealous - I wanted that powerhead, and my # was only 2 off for the first draw :'(
700 gal pond - Rosy reds

Laura

700 gal pond - Rosy reds

PaleoFishGirl

Ah, Dan, good to put a face to the name! Thanks for coming out and bringing your son, he was a big help tonight :)

washefuzzy

Your son was good with the one liners Dan. ;D Lucky you getting  your ticket picked. I got 3 bags of plants and a 3 albino bristle nose pleco who seem very happy in there new home and they are sooo.... cute to. :)

clouxles

Plecos Ugly ---- ??? Put 'em up.

You need a Royal L190 http://www.malawicichlidhomepage.com/other/010403royal_pleco01.jpg

But then - I find the old VW beetle attractive
Mark D.
210 gallon 3 Ornate Bichirs, 1 Dhelezi Bichir, 1 Rope Fish, Black Ghost Knife, Royal Pleco, Fire Eel, Clown Loach, BN Pleco
125 gallon Elephant Nose, Rainbows, Gourami (Pearl - Blue) Plecos (BN & Clown)

Go big or go home... no more MTS for me

washefuzzy

They may be ugly but they are hard workers. Actually the albino are very pretty I guess I'll have to wait until they get older for the ugliness to break out. :)

BigDaddy

Quote from: washefuzzy on May 29, 2007, 12:43:58 AM
Your son was good with the one liners Dan. ;D Lucky you getting  your ticket picked. I got 3 bags of plants and a 3 albino bristle nose pleco who seem very happy in there new home and they are sooo.... cute to. :)

I think that was my son with the one liners washefuzzy...  ;)  Right in the middle of me chairing the elections LOL

washefuzzy

Quote from: BigDaddy on May 29, 2007, 02:50:01 PM
I think that was my son with the one liners washefuzzy...  ;)  Right in the middle of me chairing the elections LOL
Whoa! Pretty smart for a young tyke not to mention cute to. :)

washefuzzy

The smallest I know of are the UGLY bristle nose plecos. 3"-4"

washefuzzy

Quote from: dan2x38 on May 29, 2007, 07:22:07 PM
Thanks I will tell him he will be all smiles!  :) I do not like albino fish... I read they get bigger then 3" more like 6"? What about the bio-load compared to cleaning?
OH OH! I thought they came out of the same barrel as the brown one! Him they are going to get a little big for my 20 gals. s ???

babblefish1960

Albinism is merely a lack of pigmentation, nothing else will be affected, as you say washefuzzy, they are all out of the same barrel.

washefuzzy

Phew! Thanks Babble now I can keep them for a while. :)