Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

I have a Big question???

Started by SaZaBaZy, April 24, 2007, 11:39:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaZaBaZy

Well i have a bunch of Tanks and i have 3 that dont have braces in the center of the top plastic fram.  The tanks that don't have the brace are my; 73 Gal 64" long tank (Hagen), 23 Gal 36" long tank (Unknown Make), 90 Gal 4' tank (Hagen). I know the 73 is an old tank and i think the 90 is old.  I have a plan on siliconing in a center brace too make the top inner lip for the lid even. So i can install some sort of cover to reduce evaporation, and prevent the light from getting wet.  Has any one done this with good/bad results is there a better way of making a lid???  I have been thinking about this for a while and i wanna know so i can cover the tanks. 

Thanks Jordan

SaZaBaZy

Does any one have any in put on this i wanna startworking on it b4 the summer heat starts.

thanks Jordan

mila

I did glass braces with silicon, it last just one week, silicon couldn't hold it, so I made aluminium brace. It is still OK after 2 years.

SaZaBaZy

A i c i was thinking that gravity would  be against me.  :-\  Do you hace a pic of the job you did??  i am rather interested in seeing it.  Guess it is back too the drawing board thanks for the reply.

Cheers Jordan

mila

I'll try to take a pic when I come home tonight.
This is long tank, 76", bow is 3/4" on each side witout brace. With shorter tank, you may be OK with glass and silicon.

SaZaBaZy

Kool thanks   i really dono wat i am gonna do then  :-[

Jordan

PoisonJello

aluminum would be the good to use but you would need some place to cut and bend the metal for you..unless you have that sort of equipment

SaZaBaZy

i have the ppl that can do the bending for me if i need it. I just wantlids  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ 

Jordan

mila

This is center brace I have, you can make just single bar across for shorter tank.

[attachment deleted by admin]

SaZaBaZy

that is a really nice job.  and the tank looks great, the main reason i want't too put a center brace on my tanks is so the cover has something too rest on.  with 2 pieces of glass on either side of the center divider.

thanks for the pics that does give me more ideas.

Cheers Jordan