Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Montreal Auction Car Pool Information

Started by PaleoFishGirl, April 24, 2007, 10:17:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaleoFishGirl

The SAM Giant Auction is this Sunday (see any of the other threads in this part of the Forum for information).

For everyone planning to participate in the OVAS Car Pool, please register in this thread! If you need a ride, or can provide a ride, or already have a car full of people, let us know below.  You will be responsible for figuring out your own arrangements for sharing the cost of fuel, etc.

As a 'registered' car pooler, whether you are the driver or the passenger, you will receive raffle tickets compliments of OVAS!  These tickets are for the "BIG" prizes at the SAM, so it's well worth it to sign up!

The Car Pool meets at the Tim Horton's at 2134 Montreal Road at 7:30AM on Sunday and will depart by 8AM. 

Unfortunately I'll already be in Montreal so won't be able to meet everyone there - make sure you know how to get to the auction location!

James, Steve Cass has already registered as a driver and says he might be taking you - please confirm :)

Any questions, please post! Come on out and support the Montreal club at this fantastic event!  8)

homestar726

what time is the auction at? Im stuck at work till 5pm sunday, but would be willing to go right after...

Plus if a read the article right, its @ 8pm? if thats the case, I may be able to fit an extra body in my car. I already has two other ovas'ies who want to go. :D

BigDaddy

Quote from: homestar726 on April 24, 2007, 06:57:04 PM
what time is the auction at? Im stuck at work till 5pm sunday, but would be willing to go right after...

Plus if a read the article right, its @ 8pm? if thats the case, I may be able to fit an extra body in my car. I already has two other ovas'ies who want to go. :D

By 8 o'clock PM, everyone is heading home.  Items are registered in the morning and auctioned in the afternoon.

babblefish1960

I should point out that the benefits of membership to the OVAS club show itself in events such as this, whereas the SAM auction, held twice per year, has been visited by OVAS club members for quite some time now, and the club proper has always supported this travel in the form of organized carpools. The only way to benefit from this is in the form of a bona fide card carrying OVAS club member. Notwithstanding, anyone at all is more than welcome to attend the SAM auction in Montreal, our sister club in Montreal.

limmer

Hi,
I would like to go.  Depends on if I can convince limed to come.
We probably will not meet at Tim Hortons and will see everyone there.
This is a pretty good auction as they usually announce the item numbers in english.
Haven't missed any SAM auctions in a couple of years and I'm an anglophone.