Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

OVAS Plant Contest 2006/2007

Started by BigDaddy, August 25, 2006, 02:56:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaleoFishGirl

The important thing is that garnpet doesn't know what the plant is... :D

squeeker

Holy moly, dont' worry, I couldn't care less!  I'm gonna kill it anyway!  Just answering why, perhaps, people might think you weren't competing. 

It's just for fun!   ;D

Muad'Dib

Well considering I answered the survey "Depends on the plant" and now that BD has told us how tolerant the plant is to to wide PH and hardness level,s you can count me in!  I'll be buying my membership at the Sept meeting and picking up my plant to see how slowly I can kill it.... I mean watch it grow ;)
50 Gal Main aquarium w/ 40gal sump for filtration - Currently housing 19 cichlids.
4 - Labidochromis caeruleus - Electric Yellow Labs
5  - Cynotilapia Afra White Top "Hara Reef"
4 - Aulonocara sp. "OB " - Orange Blotch Peacock Cichlid
3 - Protomelas taeniolatus (Likoma Is.) Tangerine Tiger Cichlid
3 - Otopharynx Lithobates (Zimbawe Rock) - Aristo Yellow Blaze Cichlid
12 Gal grow tank - 40 + OB Peacock, Electric Yellow Labs, Hara Reef Afras Fry + maybe a Yellow Blaze Litho Fry or 2

artw

can I ask a question?
I want to participate in the contest but I am moving Oct 07,  which means my aquarium, or something able to support fish life will be temporarily set up in someone's garage for the first week of October.  is it possible for me to pick up the plant at a later date? or can I board it with someone until I get my tank setup again?

Seanc

artw

I am rather weary of all of the smileys in your poast. are you going to kill it, or grow it really well so I win?

mseguin

Better carve yuor initials in it Art so he doesn't steal it.

Seanc

interpret the smilies the way you want to

Sue

The plant contest has be moved to the October meeting. So you all have another month to get your tanks ready!

SuperT

I was looking forward to it as well.  This just gives me something to look forward to in October  ;D

Terry

mseguin

Sorry about it folks, the problem with trying to get a rare plant is it sometimes difficult toget :-) We tried a couple times with differnet suppliers, and havent managed yet. Will try again before October meeting.

clouxles

I would like to try my hand at this!  ;D
Mark D.
210 gallon 3 Ornate Bichirs, 1 Dhelezi Bichir, 1 Rope Fish, Black Ghost Knife, Royal Pleco, Fire Eel, Clown Loach, BN Pleco
125 gallon Elephant Nose, Rainbows, Gourami (Pearl - Blue) Plecos (BN & Clown)

Go big or go home... no more MTS for me

SuperT

Just wondering if the plants arrived yet?

Terry

artw

As far as I know, they have not.  I will ask tomorrow at the store to see if we can still get them ordered in time.

babblefish1960

And the answer to the million dollar question is...what do we know now?

garnpet

Unfortunately we had problems finding a reliable source of plants for the contest.  Hopefully we will have better luck next year.
1 fish, 2 fish, <°{{{><  , <°{{{><