Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

fish nets

Started by sas, May 17, 2007, 01:22:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sas

Here's my quandary, I had to buy a larger net a few months ago and purchased a black one instead of green? I've noticed that catching fish is less of a chore and more relaxed? Is that the case or am I just getting better at it? Wondered if anybody had any thoughts?

darkdep

I have a black and a blue.  I observe less trouble with the blue, but only slightly.

mseguin

The black net is called an "Easy Catch" Net , and is more of an open mesh, which it makes it more hydrodynamic and therfeore moves therough the water faster, making it wasier to catch ur sppedier fish. The blue net is a fine nylon, less likely to hurt fish or get fins caught, but also acts like a parachute underwater, almost impossible to catch Africans with I find.

darkdep

I'm looking for a 12" net for my future...small nets suck.

darkdep

So far my best results are with my blue net, and my other hand doing the herding rather than a second net.  I've even caught the occasional fish with my hand this way.

normc

Where can I get a blue net ???

babblefish1960

I have seen them at all the fish stores in town now, so just about anywhere really, though Big Al's and Superpet as well as PetSmart will likely have a larger selection of sizes most of the time.

normc

I don't remember them from BA Innis just green .