Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

malawi question

Started by Eric, May 22, 2007, 02:43:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric

My lfs has "OB Zebras".  Would these be m. estherae?  Are they ever blotched?  The lfs didn't know, but then said they might be OB Peacocks actually instead of zebras.  I haven't seen them blotched either.

Any idea what this all means?  I think the blotched is cool, but I would like to be clear on what the fish are! 

Eric   

RoxyDog

yes, zebras (estherae) can be blotched, as can peacocks.  and yes they're known as "OB".

um, go to cichlid forum and look em up, zebra and peacocks look quite different.  :)  err the lfs guy should know the difference between these?   ???
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

darkdep

OB Zebras and OB Peacocks both exist.  They are, however, very different :)

PoisonJello

artw

what Jenn said.

the only thing I can add is that OB Peacocks do not exist in the wild.  they were line bred in Germany I beleive,  for the aquarium hobby.   OB Estherae, on the other hand, are quite evident in the Lake (around Minos Reef to be exact)

Eric

Thanks everyone.  I will go back and check them out again.   :)
Erci