Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

CO2 Regulators

Started by leng, May 21, 2007, 10:40:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leng

I am trying to decide on which co2 regulator to buy so this is kind of like a survey.  For the people that are using pressurized co2 for your tank(s), can you please tell me what  brand of regulator you are using and if you are happy or unhappy with your regulator.

Leng

babblefish1960

I had a Milwaukee when I was using CO2, it was not good quality, but there are standards so they are safe, just not as refined as other instrument companies. I cannot recall the name of the one I liked in the end for some reason, age I suppose. However, it is merely a matter of money, the more you spend, most often, the finer the regulator can be controlled, but as an entry level valve, there is nothing wrong with Milwaukee, and it is found easily locally. I believe I saw several at Marinescape the other day.

BigDaddy

The regulator isn't really the big issue.  It is the needle valve.  Get any old regulator you can find, and then invest in a good quality needle valve.

Clippards are what I am using

charlie

I run 2 Milwaukee regulators, like bigdaddy said the needle valves are not the greatest, they could present a challenge to adjust.
Regards

leng

Thanks for the comments/info so far.  I will look for a regulator with a better needle valve than the Milwaukee.  Anyone have the Blueline regulator or the aquariumplants.com regulator?