New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Election Results

Started by BigDaddy, May 28, 2007, 11:12:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigDaddy

Here is your 2007/2008 OVAS Executive.  The new executive take office at the start of the season in September.

President - Sean Kettle (BigDaddy)
Vice President - Chris Murray (DarkDep)
Treasurer - Jackie Slinn (ophelia)
Secretary - Matt Seguin (mseguin)
Program Director - Kevin Bisson (beowulf)
Membership - Sue MacLean (Sue)
Breeders Awards Program - Terry Davis(busdriver)
Librarian - Peter Rochon (pwrca)
Corporate and Public Relations - Jody Willoughby (babblefish1960)
Social Convener - Patrick Foster (redbelly)
Newsletter - Trina Parsons (alongfortheride)
Auctions - Peter Garneau (garnpet)
Webmaster - Chris Murray (DarkDep)

Thank you to all the outgoing executive members and a warm welcome to those of you who are new to the executive this coming year.

As well.. a big thank you to all the members who volunteered for positions.  In my years with the club, this is the first time I have seen positions with multiple candidates running.  It is nice to see the volunteer spirit alive and well in the club!

charlie

Congrats to the new exec.
Regards

Laura

And thanks to all the folks willing to take on the extra work.  Don't think we don't appreciate it. ;)
700 gal pond - Rosy reds

audioslave_36

Congrats to the new exec.

sorry I was unable to attend.
Dave

beowulf

I will start some research and try my best to put together some interesting and entertaining speakers and meetings for next year.  Thanks for the opportunity.

BigDaddy

Kevin... as an executive body we've already got at least one program lined up for you to finalize... I'm sure the "wow factor" will be good.

beowulf

Quote from: BigDaddy on May 29, 2007, 12:38:57 PM
Kevin... as an executive body we've already got at least one program lined up for you to finalize... I'm sure the "wow factor" will be good.

Excellent!!!  As Miss Vice President said I will also give Spencer a call as he has a ton of contacts.  I guess I will just have to get some questions answered from the current exec as to how things work, how much money I have to work with, limits to be spent on a speaker etc....local = better of course!!!

artw

Congratulations to all of the incoming Executives for 07-08.

busdriver

Quote from: artw on May 29, 2007, 01:17:51 PM
Congratulations to all of the incoming Executives for 07-08.

So Art, what are you going to do next year? :)
Like PFG says "I miss this place and all the people associated with it."

artw

Sit in the audience and enjoy the show :D

normc

Does this mean that Chris gets two votes at the exec meetings ::) ;)

mseguin

We try to let him talk as little as possible

darkdep

Unfortunately for him, I usually have a lot to say :) 

You know, he brings up an interesting point.  Do "executives" place votes, or do "positions"?

BigDaddy

Given the spirit of the wording behind establishing quorum (which is to ensure a certain number of executives are present in order to conduct business), it would be the former, not the latter.  Since we would not count Chris twice to establish quorum, it would only make sense that we would only count his vote once as well.  :D 

darkdep

Besides, I usually come up with such crazy arguments sometimes that it's probably better for the planet if I don't ever get more than one vote.

BigDaddy

True... otherwise we might see a new BAP award for mermaids  ;)

beowulf

Quote from: BigDaddy on May 30, 2007, 12:23:50 AM
True... otherwise we might see a new BAP award for mermaids  ;)

And there is a problem with this?  I am planning an all mermaid meeting for next fall  :o

fishycanuck

Whew - and to think I was convinced DD had cloned himself. I feel much better knowing there is only one of him.

mseguin