Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Eheim questions.

Started by Mettle, June 15, 2007, 05:06:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mettle

Okay, so I'm finally getting ready to abandon the annoyance that is Fluval and invest in an Eheim cannister filter. I've been looking at the website and am a bit confused with all the different types of Eheims that are offered and am not sure which is right for me.

I'm looking to filter a 72 gallon bowfront tank. I do have an AC110 on there as well, but pretend I don't. Which Eheim would you pick and why?

I tend to like over filtrating, especially since I'm keeping a very messy flowerhorn.

Also - where in Ottawa is the cheapest place to buy Eheims? Or am I better ordering online? I know that they're often offered in the classifieds for sale, or at least sometimes, but I'm always weary about buying used filters after a couple of bad experiences when doing so.

Anyway... Any help is greatly appreciated.

And as a side note... If anyone knows how to fix a Fluval 404 that is making a loud grinding noise when turned on please let me know. The ceramic impellar shaft is brand new but perhaps I need a new impellar? Cheers.

BigDaddy

Unless you want bells and whistles, and you don't have a massive bioload, get one of the Eccos.  Good bang for the buck.

My 75 has two Eheims on it... a 2026 and a 2028

Toss

My 75gal has a knock-off aka Astro 2028 and 2217 (classic eheim). I would go with 2217. It is less power but more reliable and less noise than my Astro. The knock-off seams to be a bit more noise than the real one ...  ::) lol. I have two 2215, 2217 and 2213 and all purchased used. I never have complain nor have to change any parts. They all working .. quitely in their corner :)
75 gal - Mosquito rasbora, Bushynose pleco, RCS
9 gal - CRS
40 gal - Longfin Albino Bushynose pleco, RCS

sniggir

if you are looking for cheap ehiems talk loyd at ottawa discus he has 2028 for 240 new 2028 is rated to 160...these filters are great I want to upgrade soon  at the momont on my 160 I have 2028, 2026, emp 400, and a magnum 350.. I would like 2 have 4 2028 2 with just filter floss...bur we will see
90 gallon/ 90 gallon sump all male show tank, 75g Accie, 75g masoni reef alonacara, yellow lab and trio of flame backs, 75 gal tawain reef, 75 gal bi500, red shoulder, blue regal,
40 gal breeder  F1 electric blue frierei, 25 gal sunshine peacock males awaiting females, 20 gallon trio albino pleco, 65gal neolamprongus Brachardi pulcher 2 30g fry grow out, 20g hatchery with 4 batches of eggs currently
Starting on a fish wall for breeding more coming soon!